viernes, 17 de julio de 2009

Actual Info on my Doings here

Here in Guatemala i´m trying to stay useful. Today I volunteered to
help coach a middle school basketball team at the school I´m
volunteering with. I watched their middle school team play against
another school this afternoon, and I couldn´t help but reminisce of my own glory days. I´m also going to be giving a few
one on one English lessons to the English teacher that I´m helping out. I´m teaching seven
or eight of his middle school English classes a week. Finally,primarily, and most
interestingly to me, I am trying to help out at the restaurant which
is, at least in theory, helping to finance the NGO here. I am helping
them repaint and redecorate a little bit, as well as just helping in
the kitchen or wherever they might need me. But more importantly, I´m
going to be keeping an eye on their finances and trying to keep track
of where their money is going. I just sat down with the president of
this place and I found out that they made 2% profit last month, a
meager $70.

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Steve, so sorry I missed your call. That is sooo interesting that you are helping them figure out their profit at the restaurant... and teaching the English teacher too...painting, basketball... Wow, it really sounds like you are doing a variety of things and being useful... I hope I can talk to you soon, want to know how the other guys are doing, what you 3 do together, how is your SPanish coming along, do you need it? I guess you are learning your numbers :)
    Really happy for you and I love every detail!!! Send me the parts you edit out :)

    ResponderEliminar